Friday, November 26, 2010

Joy Comes in the Morning!

Happy Black Friday!

This is suppose to be the day in which many of the retail stores get out of the red (negative) and into the black (positive) with regards to profits. This may have been a tough year for most retailers, but it seems like there's a buzz today with more people spending their money than last year.

Now, some of you may feel like you're still operating in the red for various reasons; I have times when I feel like this but what's COMFORTING is that we have a High Priest (Jesus Christ) that understands us and INVITES us to come to Him and says we'll find GRACE in times of need (Heb. 4:15-16).

I am so glad that my HOPE lies in Someone (not some thing) that will NEVER leave me nor forget about me.

(There was a "black Friday" in my life many years ago - that was the day I placed my trust and my life in Jesus Christ. That's the day I went from OWING to a day in which I was, and am, RICH with God's eternal abundance.)

My family and I have had a rough couple weeks, but I'm not complaining! (SERIOUSLY) BUT I AM ANGRY that the enemy is hurting, destroying and stealing a few personal things to try and get his way into my family, at me, and distract my focus in serving the Lord.

It AINT gonna happen! I resolve to give more of ME to the Lord and pray harder for my God's will to be done. In fact, I KNOW something GREAT is coming because of the trials!

I will pray more and harder, and I ask that you pray more and harder that God is glorified in our lives. I was comforted and strengthened by what the psalmist wrote: "Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." - Psalm 30:4-5

For those that have placed their trust in Jesus Christ there is a PURPOSE that goes beyond this life and you can rest assured that all things work for God's GOOD plan and purpose (Romans 8:28) - NOTHING is wasted.

I will continue to look to my AMAZING God for what He wants me to do next, regardless of the circumstances I find myself in. I CHALLENGE you to do the same. He is truly worthy of our PRAISES!

Remember, "joy comes in the morning!" Don't get down, but GET ANGRY (righteously), and be MOVED to live MORE for Jesus than ever before!!!

No comments: