Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Daily Devotions (Thanksgiving Message) - 11.22.06 - 2Corinthians 9:15 NKJV

The Indescribable Gift…

Gifts… who doesn’t like them? Big, small, tall or short… it doesn’t really matter, if they cost a lot or a little or they came from far or near, but what does matter is that the person giving the gift thought of you… right?

A card can mean more than an object or an object more than a card… after all, sincerity gives value to the giving. So, not only does it mean much when someone thinks of you by giving you a gift, but it gives it even more value when the depth of the thought that went into selecting or making a specific gift was more than just superficial.

I remember, as a kid, when I’d receive gifts from family and friends on my birthday and Christmas. I remember the great feeling of seeing the gifts on the table ready to be opened and played with, or unfortunately… worn. Regardless, it was a great day!

But, after all was said and done, I always looked forward to the one gift that I asked for especially. The one that I knew may or may not be there because I knew it was going to stretch mom and dad’s pocket book a little bit. Nonetheless, whatever it was, what mattered is that this gift was from my parents and it meant more than all the other gifts put together.

I know my parents sacrificed on many occasions to provide certain gifts for me; I know my mom especially sacrificed time and effort to provide a special baseball glove, cleats and baseball bats… a bike, a dog, and other things.

The feeling I got when I received gifts from my mom as a kid was indescribable! I’m sure many of you can relate… or some of you cannot.

Don’t get me wrong, much of my life was spent without the ability to have the “big” things I asked for… yet my mom always made me feel like she was giving me the world and I was the world to her.

Did you know that God… our Father sees us as His poema… His poem or masterpiece? He loves us deeply, sincerely and thoughtfully.

When He gives us gifts, they are exactly what we need, and sometimes not necessarily what we need but what he wants to bless us with… nonetheless, it’s the perfect gift or blessing.

Our Father knows all of our sorrows and keeps each one of our tears in His bottle (Psalm 56:8); Our Father knows each hair on our head (Matt. 10:30); Our Father loves us with unfailing love and His faithfulness endures forever (Psalm 117:2); Our Father formed our inward parts… we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:13, 14)… like our parents, our Father sacrifices for us… yet so much more…

God the Father not only blessed us with a Gift we didn’t deserve but did so with the utmost sincerity and detail… flawless, complete, perfect in love…

Undeserving, Intense, Unattainable… Indescribable!

For those that do not yet know what it means to be a child of God… let me tell you what God says to you:

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” – John 3:16, 17

Indescribable Grace…

For those of you that have strayed away from God, I have something that God wants you to know:

Jesus Speaking: “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?” – Matthew 18:12 A God of second-chances…

Indescribable Mercy…

For those of you that abide in Christ Jesus, I have something that God wants you to know:

“If you abide in Me, and My Words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.” – John 15:7

“And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” – 1Corinthians 13:13

“One day faith and hope will no longer be necessary for the object of our faith and of our hope will be before our very eyes… perfect love in all His Glory!” – Josh White

Indescribable, Eternal Love!

“Thanks be to God for His indescribable Gift!” – 2Corinthians 9:15... Jesus Christ

No comments: