Friday, February 09, 2007

Whispers: A Devotion from 2Corinthians 8:10,11 NKJV

Procrastinate Lately?

I’ve been writing these devotions since November 9, 2006…just a few months. I initially began with the thought of writing daily, but that was very difficult given my “dynamic” schedule. I missed a day of writing and then two in the month of December and that turned into a couple weeks. I didn’t hear of anyone complaining or missing the devotions, so it was easy to not write after a while. But then my wife asked when I was going to write another Whisper and I remembered that procrastination and laziness are the tools of Satan!

It’s said that all that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing! I’m not saying I’m a good man, but God has given me the desire to write these devotions and it’s been burning within me to do them for too long! For me not to write them would be wrong and my procrastination would lead to laziness and become disobedience in the sight of God. As it is, I’ve had the thought of writing for years and haven’t done a thing about it up until a few months ago. That led to an uneasy feeling deep down inside of me!

Proverbs 13:4, “The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.”

Enough about me! You know I’m an expert at procrastination and laziness, but how about you? Does this apply to you or are you diligent in all that the Lord has impressed upon your heart to do? Have you followed through to completion? Let’s start with the basics: 1) Reading your Bible daily? 2) Going to Church consistently? 3) Praying all the time? If so, then how about Serving? Are you using the gifts the Lord has blessed you with? Did you know that they are not yours to hoard, but rather to give away to others?

The Apostle Paul had this to say to the Corinthians, “And in this I give advice: It is to your advantage not only to be doing what you began and were desiring to do a year ago; but now you also must complete the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there also may be a completion out of what you have.” – 2Corinthians 8:10,11

I pray that today is a day of new beginnings for you; that you prayerfully think of what the Lord has impressed upon your heart to do for Him. And, with that, you are moved to act and follow through to completion that which the Lord has set before you. I can guarantee that your soul will be satisfied and made rich for God promises this to be true!

No comments: